Dragoon Red on Brown was made along the San Pedro River Valley and nearby areas from about 700 to 1100 AD. It is likely that people from this area moved north into southeastern Utah bringing their traditions for oxidized pottery and founding the San Juan Red Ware tradition. The original of this bowl came from the Gleeson Site which was excavated by the Amerind Foundation in the late 1930s and has been used as the logo for that institution ever since.
This bowl was authentically made using local collected native clays and minerals, formed using the coil and scrape method and fired in an outdoor mesquite wood fire. It is not an exact replica but a close approximation.